Challenge Events Covid-19 Promise
Read our COVID-19 Promise which outlines the measures we will put in place to ensure your safety and what you can do if an event is cancelled.
We will always assess and implement additional COVID-19 measures and ensure we put your safety first at our events.
This will include:
• Following government guidelines at all times. This does mean that elements of an event could change at the last minute but we will always endeavour to let our event participants know as soon as possible before the event.
• Social distancing will be enabled at all events.
• Additional signage and markers will be put in place to enable people to safely social distance.
• Anyone displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked not to attend the event and to call us to advise they are not taking part.
• We will follow track and trace procedures where appropriate.
• Staff / volunteers will be wearing PPE equipment to prevent any chance of cross contamination.
• Where seating is provided at events, signage will be erected to remind people to keep to two metres apart.
• All participants will be asked to wear masks or face coverings indoors at all of our events.
• All outdoor events (where appropriate) will operate a split start policy and strict time frames will be in place to prevent large numbers gathering.
• Where possible, separate starting locations will be put into place to limit large numbers gathering and enable social distancing.
• One-way queuing systems will be put in place for arrival, registration and at any indoor rest/refreshment stops.
• Safety briefings will be given before and at all events outlining additional procedures in place.
• Extra rubbish facilities will be provided at events.
• Each event will have its own COVID-19 promise policy and FAQs including details for that individual event.
• All external suppliers will be asked to provide a full breakdown of additional procedures they are putting in place before they are asked to attend the event. We will not use any suppliers if we feel they do not have adequate procedures in place.
If an event is cancelled due to COVID-19 you can choose a refund or an alternative date
If we, the charity, cancel an event due to COVID-19 we will always look for an alternative date for your challenge. If this date isn’t suitable we will:
• Offer you a refund, where possible, if we are using a 3rd party provider refunds may not be available
• Endeavour to transfer your registration to an alternative challenge of a similar cost, where available and practical to do so.
Refunds can be refunded directly into your bank account if you advise us of your bank details; or sent to you via a cheque.
If you have raised online sponsorship for your challenge:
• Your sponsorship is greatly appreciated. If you would like this rolled over to the alternative date or to an alternative challenge please let us know.
• If your supporters wish to have their sponsorship refunded please advise them to contact us directly to organise a full refund of their sponsorship.