Find out how you can raise money to make a difference in the lives of children
FOR CHRISTMAS FUNDRAISING IDEAS & DOCUMENTS
At Sports Connections Foundation, we receive no government funding and rely entirely on donations and support from individuals, businesses, trusts and foundations to deliver our programmes to disadvantaged, vulnerable and poverty stricken children and young people and to deliver our Sporting Wishes to children facing life-limiting illnesses.
Whether it’s money raised from an office doing a 10k run, organising a bake sale, or a formal grant from a charitable foundation, there are many ways to get involved.
If you need any help starting your fundraising journey for us or if you want to discuss an idea or need any information to support your campaign, drop us an email at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
10 top fundraising tips
We’re here to help you every step of the way!
1. Decide how you want to raise money. Whichever you choose – whether it’s a sponsored run or swim, a charity bake sale, a talent show, a raffle or competition – just remember to pick something fun that you’ll enjoy! And please give us a call to let us know what you’re up to on 01733 390337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. See if your employer will give you matched funding for what you raise – it can double your money!
3. Consider the details – don’t skimp out on proper planning and preparation, whether it’s finding the perfect venue or date, or working out your budget.
4. Ask for charity rates from suppliers and for donations or sponsorship from companies – you’ll be amazed at how supportive people can be.
5. Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support you, and ask them to ask their friends!
6. Set up your personalised donations page via JustGiving. Make sure you have downloaded a sponsorship form and don’t forget about Gift Aid*.
7. Advertise your event wherever you can. Your own social media pages can be particularly successful to encourage your friends and family to support and donate. Asking them to share or retweet your posts could help spread the news of your fundraising efforts, consequently reaching more people.
8. Think your event is newsworthy? Contact your local press/radio/TV and tell them what you’re doing – we can help you write a press release if you would like.
9. Don’t forget to ensure you are keeping it safe and legal.
10. Have fun!
You can pay your money in by several different methods: either online, by cheque or directly into our bank account, whichever is easier for you.
*Gift Aid allows UK charities to claim back 25p for every £1 donated by a UK taxpayer, provided they make a Gift Aid declaration. For more details, click here. For a Gift Aid declaration form, click Here.
During these challenging and unpredictable times, please ensure your fundraising activity adheres to Covid-19 restrictions and meets all associated safety guidelines.
The health and safety of you, the organiser, and the public is a priority. Prior to any fundraising activity, we strongly encourage you to:
• check the most up-to-date local, regional and national government guidelines and restrictions
• ensure risk assessments are conducted
• take every precaution to keep people safe.
Remind yourself of social distancing and social gatherings guidance for your area – remember England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland may differ from each other. Latest guidance and restrictions can be found at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus including local lockdown information and links to the devolved nations guidelines.
Find out how you can raise money to make a difference in the lives of children this Christmas!
Christmas Fundraising Ideas
Let the best gift you give this Christmas be a fundraising event for the Sports Connections Foundation. The proceeds will go towards supporting disadvantaged children and young people and ensuring that they have the opportunity to create positive futures as well as providing sporting wishes for children with life-limiting illnesses.
12 Days of Festive Fitness Challenge
Take part in our Festive Fitness Challenge, a series of 12 fitness and wellbeing exercises for you and your family, friends and colleagues to complete over 12 days in December. Download the Festive Fitness Guide and set up a Virtual Collection to get started.
How to set up a virtual collection - create a JustGiving account with basic personal details. Set up a fundraising page and personalise it with your story and some photos. Start sharing the link with your family and friends to collect vital funds
Christmas Dress Down Day
Organise a Dress Down Day, either wearing your favourite Christmas Jumpers, dress in red and green or why not get really festive and dress as Santa, a Reindeer or an Elf! Ask for a donation from those taking part and don’t forget to share your outfits on our social media channels #SCFXmasDressDownDay
Test your knowledge this festive season and raise funds to help us support more children and young people in 2022. Have a Merry Quizmas and host a virtual quiz with friends and family. Download the Quizmas pack.
Who can guess how many reindeer there are or how many Christmas Crackers? A quick and easy way to raise funds - charge a few pounds per guess and offer a prize for the winner. Download our cracker sweepstake.
Guess the Little Angel
Cue the sound of ‘Aww’. Yup, this fundraiser is all about baby pics. Ask everyone at work to bring in photos of themselves as a tot and then get workmates to guess who’s who for a £1 donation
Donate your last hour’s pay
As a gesture of generosity, ask colleagues if they’ll be kind enough to donate their last hour’s pay before Christmas. You’ll be signing off for the holiday period while helping disadvantaged children and young people.
Mince pie bake off
Do any of your colleagues fancy themselves as culinary wizards? Assemble a team of lucky judges for a mince pie bake off and fi nd out whose pies are really the best. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.
Got another idea?
If you have another festive fundraising idea, we'd love to hear from you! Sign up and let us know what you're planning and we'll support you!